How to Apply
There’s no risk to find out if you qualify…
We believe that applying should be easy. That’s why we have Certified Enrollment Counselors available to help you complete the application process with ease. Our Certified Enrollment Counselors are located throughout Kern County and are available to help you. Find a Certified Enrollment Counselor near you!
You may be eligible for low or no cost insurance if:
- You are under the age of 65 years old
- You are not being offered adequate or affordable health insurance through your employer
- You are a Kern County Resident
- You meet the income requirements listed below
Easy 1-2-3 Application Process
- 1. Make a phone call: 661.632.5018
- 2. Talk to someone who speaks your language – they will help you determine which program you/ your family can be eligible for and refer you to a Certified Enrollment Counselor.
- 3. The Certified Enrollment Counselor will personally help you complete an application.
Download Covered California Application
For help or to apply for Covered California or Medi-Cal contact us at 661.632.5018.
What Do These Programs Cover?
ALL programs provide:
The 10 Essential Health Benefits, now mandated under the Affordable Care Act.
– Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital)
– Emergency services
– Hospitalization (such as surgery)
– Maternity and newborn care (care before and after your baby is born)
– Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (this includes counseling and psychotherapy)
– Prescription drugs
– Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills)
– Laboratory services
– Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
– Pediatric services
What do you need to apply?
- Proof of Identity (photo I.D.)
- Proof of Kern County Residency (utility bill, driver’s license, etc.)
- Proof of Income for all family members on the application (tax return, check stubs, etc.)
- Social Security Numbers and dates of birth for each family member in household
- Legal resident card or Certificate of Naturalized Citizenship
Income Requirements for Medi-Cal
|Family size||Annual Income|
Income Requirements for Covered California (with Premium Assistance*)
|Family Size||Annual Income|
|3||$28,181 – $81,680|
|4||$33,949 – $98,400|
|5||$39,717 – $115,120|
|6||$45,486 – $131,840|
Individuals / Families that are above the annual income requirements to receive premium assistance may still purchase a Covered California plan at the marketplace discounted price.
*Premium Assistance varies on a cases by case basis, depending on the annual income.
Please call us to determine if your household meets the income requirements.